Why Office 365 Is Good For Small Businesses
As a small business owner, it can be hard to figure out the right software for your business needs. Which tools will help your business’s bottom line and increase productivity? Which will keep you and your team collaborating from anywhere? And speaking of collaboration, which tools do you need for video conferencing, email, and instant messaging?
Your time is better spent on running and growing your business—not on IT matters like this. Luckily, there is Office 365. It can provide you with all the right tools, so you can get back to focusing on what’s best for your business.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a subscription-based package with all of the popular Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook email. Plus, you get access to collaboration tools like Skype for Business, Sharepoint Online, and OneDrive for Business. These programs allow you to communicate with your team, share files, and back-up company documents.
Access to these tools is granted through cloud-based access apps which allows you and your team to work from anywhere, whether it’s at the office, at home, on the road, or with a virtual team member a continent away. Each user can connect up to five devices.
Office 365 also allows you to manage all of your accounts and users from one dashboard. On the dashboard, you can easily manage permissions and add or remove users for temporary project needs. You can enforce updates and policies and even remotely wipe devices, if necessary.
Additionally, these tools and analytics can help with insights into your team’s communication and collaboration trends. You can find how much time your team spends on these activities, allowing a small business like yours to stay efficient as you grow.
Why Office 365 is Good for Small Business?
- Spending Flexibility: You only need to pay for the users you have, giving you the ability to scale as your business grows. This provides you with the flexibility you need for dynamic and changing business requirements.
- Lower Cost: Office 365 bundles communication and collaboration tools, which reduces the need for other services. For example, Microsoft Outlook email solutions are included in your package. Similarly, Skype for Business is included, which eliminates the need for additional video conferencing services. With collaboration tools like this included in the subscription plan, you save money.
- Increased Productivity: The integration of Microsoft products allows you to easily synchronize across your email, calendar, and contact list. If you update a meeting location on one device, it will immediately update all other devices. Remember, you can have up to five devices connected per user, all of which seamlessly stay updated.
- Work From Anywhere: All the software is available through apps that you can access through an internet or WiFi connection. Tools like Sharepoint Online and OneDrive allow you to share content with team members easily from anywhere. Regardless of where you or your team is, you can stay connected and work on what’s most important to your business. This means less down time.
- Trusted Brand: Office 365 is a Microsoft solution featuring its most popular products. Microsoft is one of the most common office software solutions used by over a million companies. Most of these companies have 10-50 employees and $1–10 million dollars in revenue. So, it’s a no-brainer that small businesses start using the Microsoft platform.
- Increased Security: Office 365 also provides advanced back-up and security tools—applications like One Drive back-up all your company documents. And you have the means to remotely wipe devices in the event an employee loses their mobile device. This protects your data. Also, you can quickly and easily remove access to any of your users if you need to.
The ease and simplicity of Office 365 make it a great option for any small business. You are already familiar with Microsoft tools. Now you can have them on an affordable subscription plan that is scalable for your business needs.
The integrations of Microsoft tools such as Outlook and Skype for Business not only keep your team connected, but they save you money too. With the ability to share files and access tools through cloud-based apps like Sharepoint Online and OneDrive, you and your team can collaborate from anywhere, reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
With Office 365, you don’t need to worry about your business software needs. Instead, you can focus your time on managing and growing your business.
Are You Ready for Office 365?
Ready to get the benefits of Office 365? Find out how Office 365 can work for your unique needs. Get a free assessment of your current IT set-up and learn how The IT Link can help you today.